Actress, America Ferrera stunned on the red carpet at the 2016 Emmy Awards wearing a striking navy blue, sequin jumpsuit. The fun, 70’s style vibes of her attire inspired Nexxus New York Salon Care Celebrity Stylist Lona Vigi to create a soft, elegant curl. “Her jumpsuit was sequined, beautiful and a bit retro, so we decided to keep her hair a little more modern,” said Vigi.
Follow Lona’s tips to re-create this look:
- Starting with damp hair, apply a dime size amount of the Nexxus New York Salon Care Exxpand+ Volumizing Whip from roots to ends to create natural body and movement.
- Blow-dry hair with a medium round brush to add volume and smooth out natural hair texture.
- Once dried, alternate between two different curling irons to create a natural, undone look.
- Finish by spraying the entire head with the Nexxus New York Salon Care Maxximum Hold Finishing Mist to provide a long-lasting, frizz-free hold.
- Nexxus New York Salon Care Exxpand+ Volumizing Whip
- Nexxus New York Salon Care Maxximum Hold Finishing Mist
TOOLS USED: Blow Dryer, medium round brush, two curling irons (1”, 1.5”)