The holidays are upon us no like no other! To be honest, I am not ready by any means, the gifts are barely purchased, and Santa has lots of wrapping to do, on the Eve itself. One thing that is for sure is our kitchen is stocked with yummy ingredients just waiting to be prepped for the feast we are set to getcrackin on Christmas Eve.
Typically we host about 40 family members adult, and children alike, and we are oh so grateful that everyone brings one of their best dishes. Lately I must tell you my time in the kitchen has been limited, which is ironic because I love to cook, and bake for my family. However school, scheduled activities, and events have prohibited this from happening.
Meeting up with Momtrends and a bunch of blogger friends in the My Cooking Party kitchen last week was like joining in on a cooking show for the day as we featured amazing recipes from Wonderful Pistachios GetCrackin Campaign.
After a quick tutorial on the dos and dont’s of knife safety, we each gravitated towards work stations which were fully equipped with everything we needed to prep a dish together. Picture being in a large open space with a bunch of your girlfriends wine in hand, laughter and fun, as you chop, mix, and stuff while preparing your holiday dishes. If only cooking was like this in my home. Just saying. The take out guy may not know my family on a first name basis, and I would actualy make the time to cook more.
Go ahead and take a closer look, this table is gorgeous right?
You can recreate it by following the links below:
Sadly many of you will not be attending my Christmas Eve dinner. Although you will not have the pleasure of enjoying the delicious recipes provided by Wonderful Pistachios with me, you know I am a good sharer.
So take a look at some of these amazingly scrumptious recipes, which include Wonderful Pistachios and let me know which one you wow your guests with!
Turkey Roulade with Wonderful Pistachio Pesto
Pistachios, apples and onions are stuffed in this impressive, but easy main course. A nutty Wonderful Pistachio pesto is the perfect accompaniment.
Prep: 1 hour 15 minutes / Time to Table: 2 hours 30 minutes / Serves: 6 to 8
Wonderful Pistachio Pesto:
1½ cups baby spinach (about 2½ ounces)
1 cup shelled Wonderful Pistachios
2 large cloves garlic
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
¾ cup olive oil
½ cup dried cranberries
4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 yellow onion, diced into ¼-inch pieces (about 1½ cups)
1 granny smith apple, cored, and cut into ½-inch pieces (about 1 2/3 cups)
2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
4 teaspoons fresh thyme
5 teaspoons fresh rosemary
¾ teaspoon salt, divided
½ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
Spicy Roasted Squash with Wonderful Pistachios
Delicata and butternut squash are roasted together with warm spices and a bit of cayenne to heat things up. Crunchy Wonderful Pistachios and maple syrup are just the right additions for texture and sweetness. Garnished with pomegranate arils this dish is a celebration of flavors.
Prep: 18 minutes / Time to Table: 38 minutes / Serves: 8 (about 10 pieces of squash/person; about a cup/person)
1 ½ pounds butternut squash (4 ½ cups prepped)
2 ½ pounds delicata squash
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground allspice
¼ teaspoon ground cayenne
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ cup shelled Wonderful Pistachios Roasted & Salted, chopped
2 tablespoons maple syrup
¼ cup POM Wonderful pomegranate arils
2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
1. Heat oven to 425°F. Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil.
2. Peel and seed butternut squash. Cut in half lengthwise and slice into ½ inch thick pieces. Cut in half again for quarters.
3. Cut delicata in half lengthwise and seed. Cut into ½ inch thick slices. Combine all the squash in a large mixing bowl.
4. Sprinkle the cinnamon, allspice, cayenne and salt over the squash. Mix thoroughly.
5. Melt the butter and stir into the olive oil. Drizzle over the spiced squash and mix thoroughly.
6. Transfer the squash to the baking sheets, arranging in a single layer. Bake for 15 minutes.
7. Stir and flip squash. Sprinkle with Wonderful Pistachios and drizzle with maple syrup. Bake another 5 to 7 minutes until pistachios are just toasted. Remove from the oven.
8. Arrange on a serving platter and sprinkle pomegranate arils over the squash. Garnish with chopped parsley.
Wonderful Pistachio Chocolate Brownie Cookies
These easy-to-make cookies pack a ton of chocolate punch with gorgeous green Wonderful Pistachios to make them festive.
Prep: 20 minutes / Time to Table: 40 minutes / Makes: 4 dozen
⅓ cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
16 ounces chopped dark chocolate (about 2¾ cups)
¼ cup unsalted butter (4 tablespoons)
3 eggs, plus 1 egg yolk
¾ cup light brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
2 cups, shelled Wonderful Pistachios Roasted & Salted, roughly chopped
3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped (about ⅓ cup)
2 teaspoons flaked sea salt
1. Heat oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt; set aside.
3. Place chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl and heat in the microwave until just hot and butter is melted, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove bowl from heat and stir mixture, until completely melted; set aside to cool.
4. Beat eggs and both sugars in an electric mixer, with the whisk attachment, at medium speed, about 5 minutes, until thickened and light. Pour cooled chocolate mixture in two batches, mixing after each addition. Add flour mixture and mix until just combined. Stir in 1½ cups Wonderful Pistachios by hand.
5. Drop heaping tablespoons of dough, about 2 inches apart, onto baking sheets. Bake about 10 minutes, alternating pans half-way through, until cookies are puffed and cracked on top. Remove to wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining batter.
6. Meanwhile, chop remaining Wonderful Pistachios finely. Melt bittersweet chocolate. Place wire rack with cookies on baking sheet. Drizzle chocolate over cookies and sprinkle with remaining finely chopped Wonderful Pistachios and flaked sea salt.