Nothing is worse than a sick child, high temps, coughing, sneezing and a runny nose. Sadly this is all typical when you have a little one that is a thumb sucker. Although we have offered everything under the sun to deter this gross habit, at the age of 4 I am sad to say it persists. At this point all I can do is ensure I have the neccessities on hand once the first sneeze is released.
The necessities for you and I are fairly simple rest, meds, and more rest. However, being 4 and FULL of energy it is hard to keep this girl resting. So we have compiled a list of Gia’s must have items when she is sick to keep grandparents and aunts in the loop in case anyone is called in to relieve us for meetings etc.
The neccessities where Gia is concerned are not grandma’s necessities. This is 2015 after all, and technology has taken over our lives. On a normal day my girl is walking into local businesses asking Do you have Wifi? I honestly can’t make this up. The struggle to grow up in this day and age is real my friends. Luckily for us we have highspeed Verizon FiOS, because when my girl is sick she only becomes more demanding.
- Gia’s best friend, Grace. Grace is Gia’s American Girl Doll and basically goes everywhere with her. Her outfits get changed more times than I can tell you and she is the best friend ever, because she is always listening and never complains.
- Puffs Plus Lotion for obvious reasons. Runny noses are hard enough, we don’t need a irritated nose on top of it running.
- Nintendo 3DS XL, hey its the only time her brother is willing to share it with her. Who says girls can’t be gamers also?
- A fully charged iPad Mini. Short of tying Gia down this is for sure an absolute must! Her iPad mini allows me time to get so much work done while sitting beside her while she watches countless movies, videos and plays games.
These last two I think are for me as well as Gia.
- Verizon Fios. Without Verizon Fios we do not possess enough connectivity or channels to keep Gia not only entertained, but also her devices as well as my MacBook, iPad, and iPhone connected and running at a high speed! Of course having Verizon Fios is also a plus when you add in the elementary school child that is learning coding and needs to also be connected from the moment he enters our house.
- Childrens Nyquil. I dont know about you, but I am relieved to know you can now give Nyquil to kids. It really allows the kids the ability to catch some ZZzz’s despite the stuffy nose feeling.
Of course endless cuddles, and TLC are a given. All of these things combined are what nurses my girly back to her normal spunky self. Do you have a list of must haves for your little ones? What do they need to get them better?
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post as part of a campaign I am participating in with as a Verizon FiOS New York Ambassador #FiOSNY