Ok I have fully transitioned to Fall. We are all about Fall activities, which for us includes baking and creating our own recipes. I love when family comes over and smells pumpkin spice and declares they are not pumpkin type of people. Naturally I ignore, and pour them a cup of coffee, which includes in-laws, my mom etc and insist they test whichever Krusteaz mix we have just baked.
Instant Swoon! Everytime.
This past week we were tasked to create a recipe using Krusteaz, our first creation kind of looked like a kids art project and the kids weren’t even involved! Not kidding. Your nodding your head a little I get it. But for anyone who wants the recipe to this art project I will share it later this week and link it hear. So be sure to come back.
Well we went back to the cutting board. Literally. We baked up the Krusteaz Pumpkin Spice Quick bread which is so delicious. Just the right amount of pumpkin but doesn’t overwhelm you, and we created a trifle.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: About 120 minutes, for refrigerating
- 1 package Krusteaz Pumpkin Spice Quickbread mix
For the filling:
- 16 oz. cool whip
- 1 large box of vanilla pudding
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1 cup of confectionary sugar
- Prepare the pumpkin bread as according to the directions on the box.
- Bake bread as directed and let cool while you prepare the filling.
- For the filling, make the vanilla pudding and set aside to stiffen up.
- In one bowl mix together the cream cheese, confectionary sugar, and butter until combined.
- in a separate bowl mix blend together the vanilla pudding, and cool whip.
- Combine the the bowl of cream cheese, confectionary sugar, butter, with the vanilla pudding, and cool whip.
- Cut up or break up the pumpkin bread into small pieces.
- To assemble, layer the pumpkin bread pieces and the filling into a glass bowl. Top with sprinkles, or brown sugar.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Disclaimer: The reviewer has been compensated in the form product/service for free, all opinions are our own.