As parents we are all trying to figure out what activities we can do with our kids while they are home for the next several weeks to only God knows when. With this in mind we are ready to share a challenge.
My family and I are encouraging all of our friends and followers to take this opportunity to teach our kids something new to prepare them for life! I’m thinking like Home Ec and Shop class back in the 80’s. That one class we never missed in middle school lol.
This morning I taught JD how to make eggs, simple right? Yet it didn’t come natural to him, it felt awkward for him to turn eggs. Once our kids put down the video games, and complete their class and homework their is still plenty of time left in their day. And depending on your childs age they are more capable than you realize to learn a variety of life skills.
So we are urging you to join our movement and teach your children practical life skills, whether it’s running a load of wash, assessing what goes into the dryer and what goes on a drying rack, reading a map, or handwriting a letter.
Join our movement and share on social media using #TrendyLifeSkills, and we will repost. Yes we are all busy homeschooling, but also the wash has to be done, and meals have to be made, lets make our activities a learning experience and share tips and tricks with each other!
Here are a list of life skills to teach our kids. Use your judgement and supervision based on your Childs age.
- Learn simple sewing
- How to read a recipe and bake
- How to make a meal
- How to write a formal letter
- How to sort clothes and do laundry
- Learn how to garden
- How to hammer a nail
- The proper way to maintain their planner
- How to clean the bathroom
- How to wash dishes
- How to fold laundry
- How to make an emergency call
- How to fold a fitted sheet
- Build a birdhouse
- Build something
- How to order take out
- Learn proper table etiquette
- How to iron or steam clothes
- How to read and understand medicine labels and dosages
- How to add air to and change their bike tire
- How to track a package
- How to workout, Yoga, boxing, etc
- How to balance a checkbook (still a necessity)
- Introduce them to APR and how to manage credit cards
- How to you an iPad for more than gaming
- How to make a pot of coffee without a kcup
Please comment below and add what life skills we should add to this list we will add and credit you.
Please share your #TrendyLifeSkills with us on social media. Feel free to also tag us @Trendychaosny on Facebook, @Geaninecilenti on instagram and twitter, and follow along as we share our own #TrendyLifeSkills.
We will re-share your posts.
Stay Positive, and stay Safe!