I am not a fan of lazy days spent as a couch potato, especially during the Summer months when our kids brains can turn to mush from all the heat and lack of educational teachings. Although their brain doesn’t actually shrink over the season, it may shift in reverse. Exactly why my little ones brains will not be taking a summer vacation. I refuse for our kids to spend the summer stuck in reverse, because I know as parents we can assist our little ones in retaining educational skills.
Having Frankie’s Food Truck Fiasco, and Kaola Capers along with us at a family BBQ, when the weather was iffy and the pool was not an option made for a memorable day. The kids thought oh awesome, we get to play 2 new games, while this mom was grinning ear to ear because I had my own hidden agenda… LEARNING FUN!
Frankie’s Food Truck Fiasco
Get ready foodies, because your order is up! Enjoy shape-tastic recipes of full on fun. At Frankie’s Food Truck Fiasco kids take turns using the Frankie Squeezer to fill scrumptious orders. The first person to deliver a 5-course meal is the winner!
Frankie’s Food Truck Fiasco helps little ones practice identifying geometric shapes, develops their fine motor skills, improves strategic thinking skills, and encourages social skills and turn-taking. Of course our youngest one is still learning about taking turns so it was entertaining to see her try to hold it together literally until her turn came around again.
Why we love Frankie’s Food Truck Fiasco
1. The kids are learning through playtime via the various shapes
2. Can be played anywhere because the box itself becomes the board, making a quick game feasible and cleanup easy for little hands, which gives them the responsibility to clean up their own game.
3. Although my little one did have a little difficulty Frankies Food Truck encourages social skills, and turn taking.
4. It is simple to play and understand, our youngest player was 3, little ones can comprehend very easily as it is similar to a matching game.
Much like our family The Koala family are fans of traveling the world, but first they’ve got to get dressed! Ironically I sometimes have the hardest time allowing my little people to pick out their own outfits, but today I let them pick out outfits for the Koalas! We helped the Koalas find a few outfits in this fun, matching game, but man we were in trouble when we landed on the underwear dice roll. The underwear dice roll is sure to put a wrinkle in even a fahionistas plans. First one to collect five outfits is the winner! Yes we may have allowed Gia to win, don’t tell, its building her confidence.
Why we love Koala Capers
- As we prepare for pre-k Kaola Capers is helping us build pattern recognition and observation skills
- We are also continuing to work on promoting those good sportsmanship and social skills
Disclosure: I was provided Frankies Food Truck Fiasco, and Kaola Capers in exchange for a review all opinions expressed are my own.