Hey there, School Yard Style readers! I’m Megan from The Fashionista Momma. I’m here guest posting for Geanine with a few style tips for you. As the start of the summer rolls in, I thought, why not share the top 5 must have summer trends? These are pieces that almost anyone can pull off. They are all items that can be mixed and matched. Plus, they also transition easily from day to night.
1. Culottes – Culottes or gauchos are definitely a must for this summer. Pick a pair up, in white or denim. You want to make sure they fit well and fall slightly below the knee. If you are petite, I recommend going with a slim legged cropped pant instead of the wide leg culotte. Again, make sure the length and fit is appropriate.
2. Denim Anything – This summer you can add denim pieces anywhere from top to bottom. Denim jacket, denim vest, or denim skirt. If you are feeling adventurous, pick up denim culottes or a denim romper. The great thing about denim is it goes with anything. You can pair it with neutrals, brights or animal print. Your denim can range from light to dark, whatever suits your fancy.
3. White Jeans – For us moms. white can be scary, but they are a great piece to add to your wardrobe. Go with denim with added stretch, and carry a Tide stick. You will be comfortable and ready for any stain that comes your way. When choosing your cut, if you are unsure, go with a feminine straight leg. These tend to look good on every body shape. They will hug in the right places and fall perfectly at the ankle. If you feel confident to rock the skinny, go for it.
4. Dressy Romper – A dressy romper is a perfect addition to your summer wardrobe. It is a versatile piece that can be worn for almost any event. A wedding, brunch or a date night out. If you are feeling really brave, go with a cutout. Just a small peek-a-boo of skin is all you need.
5. Gladiator Sandals – You can choose a low or high gladiator sandal. Just choose something you feel comfortable in. There are so many choices this year! You are sure to find a pair that will fit with your style.
I have included some of my favorite pieces from these trends for a little style inspiration. There are so many different cuts and styles to try. Just make sure before you buy, you truly love it. Trend or not, you want to feel confident and beautiful. So, get out there and get your summer shop on.
What trend do you feel most confident and beautiful in?