Happy International Women’s Day. Here’s to us…
To the women who are hungry for more, to the woman who provide for the hunger of others, and to the woman who’s hunger fights for another’s voice. Today is our celebration, but everyday we are still the same powerful and captivating leaders! Did you need that reminder? I will admit, there are days that I do. We forget as women our indestructible patience, our overflowing compassion, and innate wisdom.
The list goes on for the divine female, but it only takes its true power when it is internalized, and becomes part of our within.When it comes to self-love, we need a strong sense of it before we can love others. That is why it matters what we say about ourselves, it also matters what we think of ourselves.
We begin a sentence with “ I AM..” and we add to our personal temple, the temple of the mind, body, and spirit. With our DIY Affirmations Jar, we are here to take the power of words and say “I am” to the best parts of us.
Starting today, to celebrate International Women’s Day, and every day till the end of March we, (my daughter and I) will add an affirmation to our customized jar to uplift ourselves as women. This began as a game we would play at night before bed. Initially, I lead the conversation with things I loved about myself. “I am strong, I am selfless, I am kind, etc” As my daughter listened intently she was ready to recite what she loved about herself as well. She said “I have great style, I am loved, I am smart”. Listing what I loved about myself allowed my daughter to understand self-love and provided her the go ahead to do the same.
Adding a visual aspect
With the simple statements of “I am strong” or “ I am loved” we are not looking to take back our power, it’s never left, instead we are looking to restore it. Today we have decided to create a jar and add our daily affirmations. Having the jar allows us to look back and pull out one of our affirmations when we need to be uplifted.
This has been the perfect bedtime activity to do with my daughter and I hope you as well, make an affirmation jar with your daughter, sister, or even a fellow gal pal, because it is your time to be proud and write it all down.
A simple mason jar will do. If you are creating with your daughter you may want to have stickers, fabric, and ribbon on hand. I never met a girl who didn’t love to decorate without using all of the above.
A FEW AFFIRMATIONS FOR EVERY WONDER WOMAN:
- I am at peace with my body. It is made of beauty and strength.
- I welcome growth every day, I will always act through love and gratitude.
- No matter the day, I will embrace my best self.
- I am a radiant, powerful, and free woman.
- I take responsibility for my own happiness today and every day.
- I am a powerful creator, I am a source of knowledge.
- I do not need to be perfect, I am not perfect, I am already good enough and worthy.
- I am successful when I welcome my triumphs and failures.
- I love myself, respect myself and accept myself exactly as I am.
- I have been blessed with qualities that uplift others
- I am the best mother that I can be.
- My happiness is not determined by others opinions of me.
PRINTABLE MESSAGE TAGS FOR AFFIRMATIONS:
As you create affirmation jars with your strong daughters, and friends be sure to post and tag us @TrendychaosNY on facebook and instagram!
We would love to see what you create.