Getting back to a routine after Summer break can be a challenge. After school especially can be tricky, depending on the type of day the kids had. So the kids and I plan to mix up a refreshing healthy drink with Manuka Honey to give them a natural boost to power through their socially distanced afternoon activities and homework.
Benefits of Manuka Honey
Who knew wellness could be so sweet?
Manuka Honey has a variety of health benefits that ordinary honey doesn’t provide. Digestive help, immune support, energy-booster, and wound healing are just a few of the many benefits.
MGO is a substance in Manuka Honey that attacks germs and other invasive bacteria in your body. Pacific Resources International provides top-quality high MGO Manuka Honey to strengthen the human body.It is commonly known Manuka Honey provides relief for sore throat pain. Manuka Honey coats the throat, and helps fights bacteria that is the causing pain. Manuka Honey is also a feasible option for wounds. The properties of the Manuka Honey creates a favorable environment for skin repair, while its antibacterial nature supports healing.
Naturally Sweetened Strawberry Lemonade
This Honey Strawberry Lemonade is naturally sweetened with Manuka Honey, and only has 3 other ingredients. The Manuka Honey adds additional flavor, health benefits as listed above and complements the tart lemons and strawberries. We swapped sugar for honey and added Strawberries because they are the favored fruit with our family.
First we created a Honey Strawberry Simple Syrup.
Honey Strawberry Simple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Manuka honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup Sliced strawberries about 2-3 oz
- In a small sized sauce pan, combine the Manuka honey and water.
- Place over medium heat and stir until the the honey has dissolved into the water should take no longer than a couple of minutes.
- Raise the heat to medium high, stir in strawberries and bring to a simmer.
- As it begins to simmer, keep it at a simmer for 3-4 minutes or until the strawberries have started to break down.
- Adjust your heat as needed (up, or down) to maintain a simmer.
- Carefully strain the honey strawberry mixture through a fine mesh strainer and let cool to room temperature.
Honey Strawberry Lemonade
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup (to taste) honey strawberry simple syrup
- In a large pitcher, mix together lemon juice, water, and half of the simple syrup( 1/4 – 1/2 cup, to taste
- Chill until ready to use, and Serve over ice.
Can’t get enough Manuka Honey? Check out all of the products available via Shop PRI below
- Manuka Honey 5+, 10+, 15+, and 20+ is a sweet way to start to start the day with a boost of immunity (from $18.49)
- Manuka Honey Sticks make a great snack or sweetener in the lunchbox or anywhere ($6.49 for a 10-pack)
- Children’s Propolis Manuka Honey Lollipops in Strawberry and Lemon flavors offer the benefits of Propolis rich in Bioflavonoids, Manuka Honey NPA (Non-Peroxide Activity) 10+, and Menthol are great for those “what’s going around” days to help kids fight off infections ($8.99)
- Manuka Honey Wound & Burn Dressing helps the natural management of skin healing due to minor cuts, burns, scrapes with NPA 15+ (MG 515+) Manuka Honey ($16.99)