From the moment my 3 year old wakes up she is already on a search for her iPad. If your asking yourself why she is in a search and why isn’t it put in a place where she can find it, I can help you out with that. Daily I hide the iPad in the nearest spot I can find, a closet, a sock drawer, or in a box of cereal! Don’t judge! Please understand I think the iPad is amazing, just not when my little girl attempts to watch tv shows all day on it.
Then Crayola throws a monkey wrench in my game of hide and seek. As a family we enjoy countless hours of coloring. I’m talking kids and adults set up around the table, with Crayola pencils and crayons alike and imagining ourselves in the story being unfolded within the coloring books of our favorite characters.
We attended an event to celebrate the release of Crayola’s latest invention, Color Alive. Which made coloring an action adventure activity for us all, as it brang our coloring to life. It also has taken away my game of hide the iPad as I am a fan of this new technology.
Color Alive is available in four color books: Skylanders, Barbie, Enchanted Garden, and Mythical Creatures at Crayola.com, and Toys R Us and retail for $5.99 each! Each book includes 16 coloring pages, with each containing a unique feature character and animation as well as seven crayons one of which is magical and will unlock special virtual effects.
How does it work?
- First you Download the FREE Crayola Color Alive app which is available on iOS, Android and Windows devices.
- Scan the Magic crayon to release the virtual coloring effect
- Color a page from the coloring book, and then scan it using the Color Alive App, to bring the character to life
- Interact and take photos, Selfies! with the character as they come to life
- Be sure to Save your character so you can see, share and play with them again later. (you can retrieve them anywhere, coloring pages are not needed.
We are excited to also give away a backpack filled with Crayola goodies! Comment below to enter to win..