WIth the kids back in school the days are long friends and what is giving us joy during those few quiet moments when the day finally comes to an end is cooking with our teen and tween. We’re all about getting creative in the kitchen and trying out new snacks. Sometimes, we even sneak in some unexpected veggies! Oh, and don’t get us started on recreating our favorite dishes from our go-to restaurant. Cooking has never been so much fun!
Buffalo anything is always a hit, my littles and I definitely have the spice-loving gene. On our last Stews run we picked up fresh cauliflower in hopes to create Buffalo Cauliflower. Cauliflower is one of the most versatile and popular low-carb vegetables, and also one of the very few vegetables our kids eat. Mom win, getting the kids to eat a veggie with out using my motivational voice and sitting at the table long past dinner time.
Our Easy Crispy Buffalo Cauliflower is the perfect snack or addition to any barbecue, or party (when we escape quarantine). It is simple to make and although spicy you will find it delicious and love that it is secretly healthy. Let me know if you make it yourself and what your kids think.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- Red hot seasoning
- red hot sauce
- ranch dressing to drizzle over
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- garlic powder
- Cuisinart Air Fryer / Toaster Oven
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, red-hot seasoning, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and stir until well-blended. In a separate bowl crack 2 eggs and beat.
- Cut the head of cauliflower into florets, about 1-inches wide, although my kids love the little pieces also. Dip the cauliflower florets into the egg to coat, and then into the flour mixture, making sure each piece is evenly coated. Arrange the coated cauliflower onto the baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the buffalo sauce, into the flour mixture, and stir until evenly combined, when the sauce is too thick we add a little bit of water . Drizzle the buffalo sauce mixture on the cauliflower and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, plate, and drizzle Ranch dressing over the buffalo cauliflower.